Adams County Sheriff’s Office releases holiday enforcement numbers
QUINCY — The Adams County Sheriff’s Office made one impaired driving arrest (DUI/drugs) and also took the following enforcement actions.
- Found a missing juvenile during a traffic stop
- 1 fugitive apprehended on a failure to appear warrant
- 1 subject cited for possession of stolen registration – released on notice to appear for a new charge of obstructing identification
- 3 citations for no valid driver’s license and 1 for driving while license suspended
- 5 uninsured motor vehicle citations
- 7 speeding citations
- 1 citation for unlawful transportation of cannabis – driver
- 2 registration violation citations – no valid registration and improper use of registration
- 1 citation for disobeying a stop sign
- Numerous warnings were also given out in addition to arrests/citations
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this effort to save lives by getting impaired drivers off the roads and more people buckled up. The enforcement campaign took place from Dec. 17 through Jan. 3.
During the mobilization, extra emphasis was placed on enforcement during late-night hours, when statistics show the most unbuckled and impaired driving fatalities occur.
The holiday enforcement effort was made possible by federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.