QUINCY — Quincy University will celebrate Franciscan Heritage Week Oct. 2–7. The public is encouraged to join faculty, staff and students at the events hosted by QU Campus Ministry.
The celebration will begin at 7:15 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 2, with an Ignite Praise and Worship service at the Campus Ministry House, 823 N. 20th.
Other events throughout the week are:
- The Campus Ministry office will serve cookies Monday, Oct. 3, from 8–9:30 a.m.
- The Transitus service will be at 7 p.m. Monday in the Holy Cross Friary, 724 N. 24th. Transitus, Latin for passage, interactively depicts and commemorates the final years of Saint Francis.
- Psalm Reflection, praying Psalms that reflect the life of Saint Francis, is scheduled for 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 4, at St. Francis Solanus Chapel on QU’s main campus, 1800 College.
- The blessing of pets will be held at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday outside Willer Hall.
- A special blessing from a priest using a bone of St. Francis will be held from 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5 outside the Student Success Center.
- The Student Success Center staff will serve coffee and cappuccino for Wake Up Wednesday from 8:30 a.m.–noon.
For more information, contact the Campus Ministry office at email@example.com.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story