QUINCY — Friends of the Trail is the host of the Terry Anastas Ultimate Ride on Saturday, July 9. All events begin at the Dock on Quincy’s riverfront.
Routes available this year are:
- The Metric Century — a 62-mile ride that begins at 7 a.m.
- The Poker Run Route — a 12-mile ride that begins at 10 a.m.
- The Full House Poker Run — a 30-mile ride that begins at 7 a.m.
- The Mountain Bike Loop — a 5-mile ride that begins at 10 a.m. and travels through the Gardner Park nature trails and the new America Mountain bike park
- The Family Friendly Route — a 7-mile race that starts and 10 a.m. and is interwoven through the Bill Klingner Trail.
Also included are a 5k walk, run or rollerblade event beginning at 11 a.m. This event will include a walk along the Mississippi River, Quinsippi Island and the mountain bike park. Children can participate in the Great Tricycle Race at 1 p.m. and will consist of two laps around The Dock parking lot. Prizes will be awarded by the Quincy Park District to winners in the tricycle race.
Free food, live music and a 50/50 raffle also will be happening throughout the day.
In lieu of attending the ride, donations can be made using the green donate button at friendsofthetrails.org.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story