Log cabin village open house Sunday to be held in conjunction with Dogwood weekend
QUINCY — As part of Dogwood weekend, the Friends of the Log Cabins will have an open house in the Lincoln-era log cabin village from 1-4 p.m. Sunday, May 7. The village is on Quinsippi Island Park and is accessed via All America Park, just off Bonansinga Drive.
The four log cabins will be open, along with other structures in the village. Self-guided tour handouts will be available. Visitors to the village will be able to look inside the historic structures located in the village.
The four log cabin homes, all built in the 1800s are:
- the 1835 D.D Hull log cabin set up like a home;
- the 1850s Clat Adams log cabin set up like a pioneer store;
- the 1850s Herleman log cabin containing original ice cutters used on Quinsippi Bay;
- the 1828 Fraser log cabin (used as a stage coach stop on the way to Ursa).
Other structures include:
- an 1850s log corn crib (with corn wagon)
- 1800s era log church called the “Lord’s Cabin” built out of 1800’s barn logs
- an 1800s stone smoke house used to preserve meats and produce.
In addition, the Friends have added an 1800s era herb garden surrounded by a “waddle” fence.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.