Singers, Volunteer of the Year unmasked at Salvation Army fundraiser for homeless shelter
QUINCY — The Salvation Army Quincy Area Command recently unmasked Drew Quintero as the fan favorite at the organization’s fundraiser, Unmasking the Singer.
This head-to-head singing competition, where Quincy and Hannibal area celebrities and community members donned mascot costumes and sang for votes, was held Friday, April 28. This year’s event raised money for The Salvation Army to continue to provide shelter to the homeless in Quincy and Hannibal.
The organization also recognized Grace and June Hendrian of Grace and June’s Lemon-Aid Stand as the Volunteers of the Year and Kohl Wholesale as the Business Partner of the Year.
In a press release, Donor Relations Coordinator Chad Douglas said, “The amount of talent and compassion we have in this community is second to none. Every year, we have great contestants who put on a very entertaining show. Every year, supporters of The Salvation Army show up to support our emergency shelter. When you support our shelter, it’s more than giving someone a warm place to sleep. It’s food in their belly, it may be clothes on their back, and it’s a help up to get them back on their feet.”
The seven contestants — Koretta Sykes, Denise Damron, Drew Quintero, Diana Mast, Samuel Dust, Becky Denton and Tim Smith — continue to raise funds for The Salvation Army through Sunday, May 7. The Top Fundraising Award winner will be presented during the week of May 8.
Sponsors for this event were:
- Advanced Dental Care: mascot sponsor
- First Mid Bank & Trust: mascot sponsor
- Priority Physical Therapy: mascot sponsor
- Quincy Medical Group: mascot sponsor
- Royal Banks of Hannibal: mascot sponsor
- Stevenson Paxton Group of Wells Fargo Advisors: mascot sponsor
- Titan Wheel: mascot sponsor
- Benson Financial Group: encore sponsor
- Blessing Health System: encore Sponsor
- Central State Bank: encore sponsor
- Continental Cement and green America Recycling : encore sponsor
- First Bankers Trust Company: encore sponsor
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois: encore sponsor
- Quincy Recycle: encore sponsor
- KHQA: media sponsor
- STARadio: media sponsor
- Townsquare media: Media sponsor
- WGCA: media sponsor
- WGEM: media sponsor
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.