Hancock County sheriff releases statistics for holiday season traffic enforcement detail
CARTHAGE, Ill. — Hancock County Sheriff Travis Duffy recently released the following statistics from the Hancock County holiday season traffic enforcement detail:
- Speeding – 57 warnings and 20 citations
- Distracted driving – 4 warnings
- Driver while under the influence – 4 arrests
- Improper passing/stop sign-yield sign violations – 12 warnings
- Failure to wear seat belt – 88 warnings and 10 citations
- Driving while suspended/revoked/no valid driver’s license – 8 citations
This traffic enforcement detail was conducted from mid-November through December. The categories focused on in this detail are leading causes of traffic crashes and crash-related injuries, as well as issues involving unauthorized persons operating motor vehicles.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.