Orr Agricultural Center to hold agronomy field day on Wednesday
BAYLIS, Ill. — The Orr Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center, 37804 State Highway 104, will be the site of an agronomy field day from 9-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 20.
The event will begin the University of Illinois Orr Crop Science shop with wagon tours starting at 9 a.m. Various presentation will be made outdoors through plot tours on the farm with audience questions and discussion welcome. In the event of extreme heat, the event may be moved indoors.
Presentation topics are:
- Red Crown Rot of Soybean: A New Disease to the Regional — Carl Bradley
- Weed Management in Early Planted Soybean — Logan Miller and Aaron Hager
- Issues with the 2022 Corn and Soybean Crops — Emerson Nafziger
- An Early Look at Farm Returns and Decisions for 2023 — Gary Schnitkey
- Insect Management Update-Above Ground BT Traits and Soybean Insecticide — Nick Seiter
Individuals should RSVP by email at email@example.com or call 217-236-4911 to register for the field day. CEUs for CCAs will be offered.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.