Twelve Western students place at Future Business Leaders of America Western Area Conference event
MACOMB, Ill. — Twenty Western High School students competed in several different business-related testing categories against 10 other schools in a Future Business Leaders of America Western Area Conference at Western Illinois University.
Twelve Western students placed first or second in their category, and another seven students placed in the top ten for their competitive event.
This is Western’s first year having FBLA as a recognized extracurricular activity for students. Close to 40 students are members.
The following students placed first or second place in their categories:
- Accounting: 1st place Tiffany Pinkston, 2nd place Kylin McQuay
- Business Law: 1st place Madi Phillips
- Journalism: 1st place Emily Depke, 2nd place Olivia Campbell
- Economics: 1st place Jonathan Grammer
- Computer Problem Solving: 1st place Aemilia Aebel
- Computer Applications: 2nd place Kodi Nelson
- FBLA: 1st place Elizabeth Williams
- Introduction to Business Concepts: 2nd place Carlen Harrison
- Sports and Entertainment Management: 2nd place Dylan Ross
- Word Processing: 2nd place Mason Smith
All FBLA student winners can compete in the state leadership conference on April 1-2 in Springfield.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.