Cardboard boat race awards range from fastest to ‘Titanic’
HANNIBAL, Mo. — Although not all the boats were shipshape by the end, all hands were on deck June 24 for the seventh annual cardboard boat races sponsored by Hannibal Parks and Recreation. Each boat contained two passengers in the races that were held at the Hannibal Aquatic Center
Jenna McDonald, aquatics director at the Hannibal Aquatic Center, said the lifeguards and staff made sure all the participants stayed safe as the cardboard boats didn’t always keep them afloat.
Teams receiving awards were:
- Fastest Boat — Henry Stroot, 8, of Quincy, Ill., and Truman Stroot, 7, of Ursa, Ill.
- Can’t Believe it’s Cardboard — Lane Orscheln, 8, and Rhys Orscheln, 7, of Hannibal
- Best Decorated — Macie Juarez, 13, and Averie Juarez, 10, of Hannibal
- Tom and Becky’s Choice — Jude Meininger, 8, and Beckett Meininger, 10, of Hannibal
- Titanic Award — August Thomas, 6, and William Thomas, 10, both of Saverton
Other boaters that participated in the race were: Jaxson and Cash Dudley of New London; and Laura Webb of Hannibal and Addilynn Yagyagan of Palmyra.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.