No one injured in early Saturday fire on Ruby Street in Hannibal

Hannibal Fire Department

HANNIBAL, Mo. — An early Saturday morning fire was determined to be accidental due to an overloaded electrical extension cord after an investigation by the Hannibal Fire Department and Missouri State Fire Marshal’s office.

The Hannibal Fire Department was dispatched by NECOMM (911) at 5:34 a.m. for a report of a structure fire at 1302 Ruby. All stations responded with nine personnel. Upon arrival on scene, firefighters discovered all occupants were out of the structure. Fire crews made an offensive attack and had the fire under control in about 15 minutes. No injuries of civilians or fire crews were reported.  

Fire investigators from The Hannibal Fire Department were assisted on the scene by the Hannibal Police Department, Marion County Ambulance District, Hannibal Building Inspector’s office, Hannibal Board of Public Works and the American Red Cross.

Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?

Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.

Muddy River TV+

Current Weather

Trending Stories