Opening dates for campgrounds set at Mark Twain Lake
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Mark Twain Lake has set the opening dates for campgrounds. Reservations are needed before setting up on a site. Reservations should be made at www.recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777.
Campground loop opening/closing dates are:
Ray Behrens Campground:
- Deer Run, Sites 1A-47B, open April 1 to Nov. 21
- Ray Behrens: Little Blue Stem, Sites 48-116, open April 8 to Oct. 17
- Ray Behrens: Cedar Ridge, Sites 117-157, open April 22 to Oct. 17
Indian Creek Campground:
- Indian Creek: Sentry Ridge, Sites 1–65, open April 1 to Nov. 21
- Indian Creek: Night Hawk, Sites 66-95, open April 29 to Sept. 26
- Indian Creek: Fox Loop, Sites 96-121, open April 8 to Oct. 3
- Indian Creek: Eagle Point, Sites 122-177, open May 6 to Sept. 5
- Indian Creek: Hike-In, Sites HI1-HI20, open holiday weekends
The Frank Russell Campground will be closed for the 2022 season to upgrade sites to full-service, including water and sewer hook-ups. Equestrian sites 61-67 will be open April 1 to Oct. 31.
The John C. Briscoe Group Camp will be open April 22 to Oct. 17, and the Indian Creek Group Campground will be open April 29 to Sept. 26.
For more information regarding facilities, contact the M.W. Boudreaux Memorial Visitor Center at 573-565-2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.