Garth Woodside Mansion reports small grease fire

HANNIBAL, Mo. — Garth Woodside Mansion Bed and Breakfast in Hannibal experienced a kitchen fire on Sunday morning with no injuries or damage to the approximately 150-year old home.

Ralls County Sheriff, Brad Stinson, reported the Ralls County Sheriff’s Department was dispatched to the mansion at approximately 8:52 a.m. Sunday morning for a grease fire, and a possible gas leak in the building.

Sheriff Brad Stinson arrived on scene and discovered that it was a small grease fire in the kitchen within the stove that had gone out on its own. Stinson reported no fire or smoke damage occurred to the structure or equipment.

The Hannibal Rural Fire Department assisted in removing the grease from the stoves grease tray and used a gas detection for any possible leaks, and nothing more was found.

Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?

Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.

Current Weather

TUE
78°
59°
WED
70°
49°
THU
66°
45°
FRI
60°
44°
SAT
57°
39°

Trending Stories