QUINCY — Kelly Eddington’s painting, “Like Father Like Daughter,” was named best of show at the 2021 Mary S. Oakley and Lee Lindsay Artist Showcase at the Quincy Art Center, 1515 Jersey. Award winners were announced at a reception on Friday.
Submission for the showcase was open to artists 18 years of age and older living within a 50-mile radius of Quincy. A total of 102 works of art were selected from those submitted for the showcase.
The juror for this year’s showcase was Len Davis, a California-based artist who has exhibited, lectured and led workshops nationwide. Much of his artwork has been featured in television, such as “Parks and Recreation,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Two and A Half Men,” “The Big Bang Theory,” “Six Feet Under” and a Showtime original, “The Affair.” Davis was featured in the Artist Series Tees for GAP Product (Red). His work is in the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art permanent collection.
Other award winners were:
- Second Place: Carol Burns, Nature’s Jewels
- Third Place: Dennis Rankin, Bud Vase
- Joe Conover, Meditation in Ochre
- Haley Dotson, Memory Lane
- Bruce Morton, Prairie Man – Jerry
- Julie D. Nelson, Mums and Allium
- Steve Ryan, Bowl
- Veronica Sandercock, Meandering
- Ann Bergman, Fancy Pin Cushion
- Jennifer Bock-Nelson, SaltPeggy Burchard-Ballard, Bird Bath
- Todd Damotte, The Seven Starred Savior Jennifer Klingele, Smokeshow
- Lydia O’Neal, 20/20 in 2021
Sponsorship was provided by the Oakley-Lindsay Foundation, the Oakley and Lindsay families, the Illinois Arts Council and HyVee Inc.
The Art Center is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and on Saturdays. The Art Center is closed Nov. 24-26, Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1. Holiday hours will be from 1-4 p.m. on Dec. 28-30. For more information, call (217) 223-5900.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story