HANNIBAL, Mo. — The 2022 Wild and Wacky Art Adventure, a free art festival for kids 3 to 12 and their families, will be held from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, August 6 in Hannibal’s Central Park, Fourth and Broadway.
This year’s theme is “Candy Land.” The Hannibal Arts Council will be partnering with many Hannibal organizations, businesses and individuals to present a morning-long community event for the entire family.
The popular projects of masterpiece T-shirts with Parents as Teachers and Box Town will be back this year. New projects and partnerships have been added to this year’s theme:
- Gumball Machines with Tom and Becky Program
- Layered Pixie Stix Art with the NEMO Humane Society
- String Licorice Stamping with the Hannibal Free Public Library
- Lollipop Flowers with Mississippi Hills Master Naturalists
- Candy Bracelets with the Dutch Country Team and
- Starburst Candy Coil Pots with the Hannibal High School Art Club.
The Wild and Wacky Art Adventure provides a positive activity during which parents and children can interact, work side by side, explore creativity and, in some ways, strengthen the sense of family. For the event to be free, local businesses and organizations are sponsors in partnership with the Hannibal Arts Council. More than 200 children and children-at-heart typically attend the event.
For more information on this and other Hannibal Arts Council programs, call 573-221-6545 or stop by 105 S. Main.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story