Hannibal Arts Council exhibit featuring variety of media opens May 26
HANNIBAL, Mo. — Upcoming exhibits at the Hannibal Arts Council will feature a variety of media. An exhibit opening will be held from 5-7 p.m. Friday, May 26, with an artist talk at 6 p.m. The exhibits run through July 1 at the Hannibal Arts Council, 105 S. Main.
On display will be:
- Yukari Kashihara from Shirahaze Gallery in Rocheport, who will be exhibiting wheel-thrown porcelain
- Cherie Mcleod from Quincy, Ill., who will be exhibiting mixed mosaic art
- Dawn Shiree Blackburn from Moscow Mills, who will be exhibiting alcohol inks
- Monica Ruth from Palmyra, who will be exhibiting fiber wall hangings
- Pat Moore from Washington, who will be exhibiting handmade baskets
- John Bielik from Shelbyville, who will be exhibiting hand marbled paper.
Also exhibiting as part of a Best of Missouri Hands “On the Road” partnership exhibit will be Lauren Nall from Crestwood, Mo., who will be exhibiting metalsmith jewelry. Local artists have submitted works for the “Small Works” open show that will feature work that is 12 inches by 12 inches or smaller. Photography Channel will be digital images that reflect the theme “Rise N’ Shine” along with featured photographer Thomas Keedy.
The exhibits are sponsored by Kyle Mack, LUTCF-Shelter Insurance Companies, and Michael Gaines.
HAC gallery hours are noon-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The HAC gallery is closed on Sundays. For more information on the current exhibit and other HAC programs, contact the Hannibal Arts Council at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 573-221-6545 or visit hannibalarts.com.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.