Quincy University choirs to present spring concert Sunday in Francis Hall
QUINCY — Quincy University’s Music Department choirs will present their spring concert, “Choral Collage,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 7, in the Francis Hall chapel on QU’s main campus.
Choirs will perform under the direction of Kristin Ramseyer, assistant professor of vocal music and director of choirs, with accompaniment by QU collaborate pianist Laura Kammerer.
The Concert Choir will perform:
- “The Word Was God” by Rosephanye Powell
- “Dirait-on” from Les Chansons des Roses by Morten Lauridsen
- “Shine Your Light” by local composer Elizabeth Mannhardt
Clara Voce will perform:
- “Chili Con Carne” by Anders Edenroth
- “But Beautiful” arranged by Steve Zegree
The Chamber Choir will perform:
- “At the Round Earth’s Imagined Corners” by Williametta Spencer
- “Buried Love” by Cristian Larios
- “There Will Be Rest” by Frank Ticheli
- “The Battle of Jericho” arranged by Moses Hogan
Concert attendees are encouraged to support recycling awareness at QU and donate to the QU Recycling Awareness Club.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.