Winners announced for recent Young Masters exhibit at Hannibal Arts Council
HANNIBAL Mo. — Selected students’ works were presented with special awards at two awards receptions for the recent Young Masters exhibit at the Hannibal Arts Council.
Young Masters featured selected works by fifth and eighth grade students in Hannibal’s public and parochial schools, as well as students participating in Hannibal High School art department art classes. The exhibit was sponsored by First State Insurance Agency, General Mills Hometown Grantmaking Program and the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency.
Chosen for Young Masters select awards from the fifth-grade entries were:
- Jeremiah Covey (Eugene Field, instructor Michele Dent)
- Reagan McWilliams (Holy Family, instructor Shelly Lowe)
- Ivy Yakes (Mark Twain, instructor Amber Bartz)
- Robin Lang (Oakwood, instructor Amber Penrose)
- Ella Jung (St. John’s Lutheran, instructor Becky Evans)
- Alexis Stewart (Stowell, instructor Stephen Schisler)
- Kya McBride
- Ella Graupman (Veterans, instructor Tara Lewton)
Chosen for Young Masters Select awards from the eighth-grade entries were:
- Maggie Routh and Dylan Terrill (Holy Family, instructor Shelly Lowe)
- Azariah Tucker (St. John’s Lutheran, instructor Becky Evans)
- Makenzie Juarez, Layla Fitzpatrick and Madison Evans (Hannibal Middle School, instructors Jennifer Kitzmiller, Hannah Schildknecht and Beth Hinton
Hannibal High School winners were:
- Elizabeth Johnston
- Landin Riley
- Jacob Hickman
- Brooke Bergman
- Tabitha Haxel and Kameil Crane
Art instructors for the Hannibal High School students are James Zimmerman and Lisa Wiese.
Other awards for students participating in HHS Art Department courses were also presented by HHS art instructors. Those winners were announced separately.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.