Breakfast Kiwanis donates $17,579 to 23 recipients supporting children or young adults
QUINCY — The Gem City Breakfast Kiwanis held its annual Grant Day ceremony at the Kiwanis Shelter in Lincoln Park on May 19.
Dan Conboy, chair of the Grant Day committee, presented awards to 23 recipients from Quincy and the nearby area totaling $17,579 — the largest Grant Day total to date. All grants assist programs or events that support children or young adults in the area. The funds were raised through a variety of fund raisers — Kiwanis Trivia Night, the Sammy and Friends Golf Outing and the annual Peanut Day sales.
The recipients were:
- Reading Recovery for parochial schools
- Fostering Hope
- Jensen Woods Camp
- Adams County CEO
- Covered Bottoms
- Born Learning Books for newborns
- Quincy Art Center for Start with Art
- Salvation Army for Camp Kroc
- Denman K-3 special education field trips
- Muddy River Opera for opera in schools
- Villa Katherine for student tours
- Montessori School
- Quincy Children’s Museum for outreach projects.
- Quincy Symphony Orchestra Young Peoples Concerts
- SafeKids Adams County.
- Quincy Museum for children’s activities at Folklife Festival
- Bellaease: YOUniversity Summer program
- YMCA for arts program at summer camp
- St. Francis Third grade STEM
- John Wood Com College. JDUB Academy
- Friends of the Log Cabins for historic re-enactors and supplies for student days
- Quincy Community Theatre for Student Triple Threat Boot Camp scholarships
- Early Childhood and Family Center for transitional kindergarten materials and supplies
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Kiwanis is an international organization founded in 1915. Its members are service and community-minded people who support children and young adults around the world. Gem City Breakfast Kiwanis meets weekly at 7 a.m. on Fridaysvat the American Legion in Quincy. Anyone interested in joining the club is welcome to contact Conboy at 573-406-5173 or the club via email at email@example.com.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.