Clothes dryer cause of Wednesday night fire in Quincy home

quincy-fire-department-logo

QUINCY — A fire in a clothes dryer in a Quincy home led to the Quincy Fire Department and Tri-Township Fire Department being called to the scene on Wednesday night.

Both fire departments were dispatched at approximately 8:39 p.m. Wednesday, June 12, to 413 Kentucky Road West. Units responding were Engine Company No. 3, Engine Company No. 6, Engine Company No. 2, the incident commander and Tri-Township Engine No. 2. The initial arriving unit reported smoke visible on the interior of the ranch-style residence and one occupant attempting to exit the residence.

Engine Company No. 3 made the initial attack on the fire inside the clothes dryer in a laundry room near the center of the residence, extinguishing the fire and searching for a fire extension.  Engine Company No. 2 and Tri-Township Engine Company No. 2 assisted in the ventilation of the residence.  Engine Company No. 6 secured a water supply on Kentucky Road.

The residence suffered minimal fire and water damage, but it did receive extensive smoke damage.  Three officers from the Quincy Police Department assisted at the scene with traffic and scene safety.  Adams County EMS Crew 3A20 assisted at the scene to ensure the occupant was uninjured.

No injuries to firefighters or civilians were reported. All crews had cleared the scene by 10 p.m.

Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?

Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.

Current Weather

TUE
87°
68°
WED
83°
60°
THU
80°
60°
FRI
81°
61°
SAT
82°
65°

Trending Stories