Eleven to be part of inaugural class of Quincy High School Educator Hall of Fame
QUINCY — Eleven educators will be inducted into the first class of the Quincy High School Educator Hall of Fame, which will honor staff members who made a positive impact on students, the school and the community of Quincy. This includes teachers, counselors, deans and administrators as well as clerical staff, custodial staff, kitchen staff and paraeducators.
The selection committee comprises alumni from four decades, current teachers and QHS/QPS administrators. The committee has identified 11 people as the inaugural class who embody what it means to be an excellent Blue Devil educator and will set the standard for all future inductees.
The 2023 inductees are:
- Peggy Klauser, 1978-2010-Dean of Students
- John Baird, 1973-2002-Science
- O. Daniel Sherman, 1969-2009-Director of Choirs
- Thomas A. Burnett, 1973-2010-Theatre , Speech and English
- Nona Long, 1963-1993-English
- L. Beth Young, 1973-2003-Librarian and English
- Paul Koscielski, 1973-1986, 1995-2003-Principal, Health and PE
- Jeanetta Green, 1977-2000-Counselor and Special Education
- Richard Moore, 1973-1993-Administration
- Signe Oakley, 1979-2017-Special Education, Foods and Life Skills
- Margy Donald, Head Administrative Assistant-1999-2013
They will be honored at the annual QHS retirement luncheon at the end of the school year.
The selection committee will accept nominations for subsequent classes of inductees from former students, parents, educators and the community. Up to five educators will be inducted annually based on the nominations received. Nominees must have worked at QHS for a minimum of 10 years, and they will be eligible to be nominated for induction one year after their service at QHS ends.
Nominations may be submitted at https://tinyurl.com/2v8vnec6. Paper copies of the nomination form may be picked up the QHS main office.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.