Hannibal man in Marion County Jail after being arrested twice within three hours

Wallace, Larry G copy

Larry Wallace | Photo courtesy of Hannibal Police Department

HANNIBAL, Mo. — A Hannibal man is in the Marion County Jail after he was arrested twice in separate incidents within three hours on Monday.

The 10th Judicial Circuit of Marion County issued warrants on Tuesday, July 9 on Larry G. Wallace, 38. He was charged with attempted sexual abuse, resisting arrest, two counts of peace disturbance and seven counts of assault. 

The first incident began at approximately 5:27 p.m. Monday, July 8. A Hannibal Police Department officer was in the 200 block of Bird and saw Wallace fighting with another male. Additional officers arrived at the scene, and Wallace was taken into custody. Wallace spat on the Officers as they placed him in the patrol car. At the police department, he continued to attempt to assault officers by kicking at them. A press release from the Hannibal Police Department noted Wallace was released “to a sober family member.” 

Officers were called to the 3400 block of Arapaho at 8:09 p.m. Monday. Wallace was causing another disturbance by attempting to fight someone. Wallace was taken into custody again. During his arrest, he attempted to kick and headbutt officers. Wallace was taken to an area hospital to ensure he was fit to be confined at the Marion County Jail. 

While at the hospital, Wallace remained uncooperative and continued to kick at officers and spat on one. He verbally stated he was going to fondle and grope an officer’s groin area, then attempted to do so. Wallace was deemed fit for confinement and taken to the Marion County Jail. A bond of $25,000 was set for each incident, making his total bond $50,000. No injuries were sustained by the officers.                

Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?

Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.

Current Weather


Trending Stories