Jacksonville man arrested on charges of unlawful possession of firearms, controlled substances
PEARL, Ill. — The Pike County Sheriff’s Department conducted a traffic stop at 6:59 p.m. Wednesday, May 3 on County Highway 10 near Pearl.
After an investigation, the driver, Jonathan L. Well, 37, of Jacksonville was arrested on the following charges:
- Wanted on warrant (Scott County, Illinois),
- Wanted on warrant (Morgan County, Illinois),
- Wanted on warrant (Montgomery, County, Illinois),
- Driving while license revoked,
- Unlawful possession of a controlled substance,
- Unlawful possession of a firearm,
- Unlawful possession of a stolen firearm,
- Other traffic related offenses.
Deputies followed up with the investigation and executed a search warrant on a residence along State Highway 100 in Pearl. During the execution of the search warrant, several firearms (including stolen firearms), ammunition, methamphetamine were seized.
The incident remains under investigation. Further charges are likely.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.