JWCC Trustees say goodbye to Elbe
QUINCY — John Wood Community College Board of Trustees approved the fiscal year 2022 audit of financial records as presented by the firm of WIPFLi, LLP during its meeting Monday night.
“John Wood received another clean audit which informs the College and our community that JWCC is conducting their fiscal business as required and expected,” President Michael Elbe said. “On behalf of the Board of Trustees and myself, we would like to acknowledge appreciation to the entire JWCC Fiscal Services and Business Office team for their continued work to ensure fiscal responsibility.”
It was also the final meeting for Elbe, who is retiring as the college’s president. He spoke with Muddy River News about his departure earlier this month.
Three people filed to run for the Board of Trustees in the April 2023 Consolidated Election. Incumbents Larry Fischer and Robert Rhea filed. Angela Gregor also filed.
JWCC Board Chair Diane Ary did not file to run for re-election.
Registration is underway for Spring classes. Classes start again on January 17, 2023. While the college is closed for winter break (December 22 to January 3), students may begin or continue the admissions process online at http://www.jwcc.edu/apply. There is information on this page about applications, transcripts, financial aid, scholarships and much more. Academic advisors will have walk-in appointments available starting January 4.
In other business, Trustees:
- Approved the Resolution and Certificate relating to levying additional taxes.
- Accepted the resignation of Laurel Klinkenberg as JWCC’s vice president of instruction.
- Approved the Resolution levying taxes and Certificate of the tax levy.
- Authorized a $4,028 payment for the second half of the Illinois Community College Trustees Association dues for 2022.
- Accepted a $51,667 proposal from Peters Heating & Air Conditioning to provide heat pumps for the Student Activity Center.
- Approved the Resolution accepting a donation from Orr Corporation for the new Agricultural Sciences Complex.
- Accepted a $37,069.80 proposal from Conference Technologies for the courtyard sound equipment.
- Accepted a $105,631 proposal from Associated Controls + Design for the stage electric automation.
- Approved renewal of the cash rent farm lease with Michael and William Deters.
Trustees do not meet in January. The next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees is set for Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. at JWCC’s Quincy campus.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.