QFD responds to early morning greasy stove fire on city’s south side

quincy-fire-department-logo

 QUINCY — Just after 3 a.m. Friday, Quincy Fire Department responded to 900 Klondike Road for a reported of a stove on fire.  Responding units included Engine Company #5, Engine Company #2, Incident Commander, and Engine Company #4. 

Engine Company #5 arrived on scene first and reported no smoke or flames visible at the one story ranch style home and people were standing outside.  Engine Company #5 made entry on the east end of the residence where they encountered heavy smoke and were able to locate the fire in the southwest corner of the kitchen and extinguished it. Engine Company #2 assisted with ventilation and overhaul at the scene.  Engine Company #4 assisted with fire extension and overhaul. 

The fire was reported by interior crews to be extinguished at 3:15 a.m. and crews remained on the scene until 4:50 a.m. There were no reported injuries at the fire scene.

Cause of the fire was a pan with grease on the stove top.  Smoke detectors were not present in the home and the occupant was not alerted to the fire.  There was heavy fire damage to the kitchen heavy smoke damage throughout the home and water damage from putting out the fire.  

QFD was assisted at the scene by Quincy Police and crews from Ameren.

Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?

Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.

Current Weather

MON
98°
75°
TUE
85°
67°
WED
85°
59°
THU
81°
59°
FRI
81°
60°

Trending Stories