QUINCY — First Baptist Church, 739 N. Eighth, will be the site of a free five-week tenant workshop beginning Tuesday, Oct. 4 and continuing through Nov. 1. Each session will begin with a light supper at 5 p.m., with the program beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Anyone who rents a house or apartment in Quincy may attend this free workshop to learn about positive approaches to dealing with rental issues and discover tips about topics that affect every household. The topics to be addressed are:
- Oct. 4-Healthy Homes
- Oct. 11-Working with City Hall
- Oct. 18-Health in Mind, Body and Spirit
- Oct. 25-Money Management
- Nov. 1-Food: Cheap, Simple, Fun. Chef prepares dinner.
A $10 individual gift card will be given at the end of each session, with a $100 gift card given to people who complete all five sessions. Childcare will be available for all sessions.
People can register for the workshop by:
- Visiting First Baptist Church;
- Calling the church at 223-4468;
- Emailing the church at First Baptist Church at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Stopping by Quincy Housing Authority, 540 Harrison;
- Contact the QHA at 222-0720; or
- Emailing the QHA at email@example.com.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story