Daily Dirt for Sept. 7, 2021
Today is one of those days when I wonder where all the years have gone. You’ll understand when you reach comment No. 3 in today’s Daily Dirt. Welcome to Vol. 60.
1. The following would make an excellent 10 commandments of food:
- “All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles Schulz.
- “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” — Orson Welles.
- “First we eat. Then we do everything else.” — M.F.K. Fisher.
- “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” — George Bernard Shaw.
- “The only time to eat diet food is when you are waiting for the steak to cook.” — Julia Child
- “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” — Doug Larson.
- “People who love to eat are always the best people.” — Julia Child.
- “I think about food literally all day every day. It’s a thing.” — Taylor Swift.
- “Never eat more food than you can lift.” — Miss Piggy.
2. My three favorite MLB players today are:
- Fernando Tatis Jr., San Diego: Every at-bat is pure excitement. If he can stay healthy (this year that’s been a problem), the proverbial sky is the limit.
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers: Speaking of staying healthy …
- Shane Bieber, Cleveland: Hmm … that health thing seems to be an unwanted theme.
3. I’m kind of excited to hear more details about the upcoming ABBA virtual concert. Agnetha, Bjorn, Benny and Anni-Frid — all now in their 70s — will perform together for the first time since 1982. Not all details are yet available, but the concert and a release of 10 new songs looks like it will all be coming together in spring 2022. For the record, my five favorite ABBA songs:
- “Dancing Queen.”
- “Knowing Me, Knowing You.”
- “Take A Chance On Me.”
- “The Name of the Game.”
Steve Fact O’ the Day
I like gel pens. A lot.
If you’re looking for something to give to Steve for Christmas, he loves gel pens.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story