DAILY DIRT: What does T-Swift want in her dressing room…besides Travis Kelce?
And then there is the framed picture of astronomer Carl Sagan for Pharrell … Welcome to today’s three thoughts that make up Vol. 757 of The Daily Dirt.
1. A couple of months ago we put together a list of some celebrities’ outrageous demands that have to be met in their concert contracts.
Consider the following Vol. 2 of what some of our pampered idols must have before they perform (thanks to buzzfeed.com):
- Metallica: The legendary metal masters would demand that bacon be served with every meal. Non-stop bacon.
- Jay Z: He demanded not one, but SEVEN dressing rooms, plus “high-quality” peanut butter and jelly.
- Justin Timberlake: The singer has someone sanitize all doorknobs he will come in contact with every two hours.
- Jennifer Lopez: J-Lo must have an all-white dressing room to “keep her mind and spirit at ease”. That means white candles, tables, couches, drapes, tablecloths and flowers.
- Kanye West: An alcoholic slushie machine.
- Paul McCartney: A brand of soap with no traces of animal fats.
- Britney Spears: She’s known to have been partial to cheeseburgers without buns, 100 figs and prunes, toothpaste, fish and chip dinners … and a framed picture of Princess Diana.
- Pharrell: A framed picture of astronomer Carl Sagan.
2. Here’s our new college football rankings:
- 1. Georgia (7-0): Bulldogs are idle until an Oct. 28 matchup with arch rival Florida (5-2).
- 2. Michigan (7-0): Wolverines meet in-state rival Michigan State (2-4) on Saturday. Next to the annual war to settle the score with Ohio State, this is always the most important game on the Michigan schedule.
- 3. Oklahoma (6-0): The only game that should stand between the Sooners and a 12-0 record is a Nov. 4 date with longtime rival Oklahoma State.
- 4. Florida State (6-0): Seminoles should be on upset alert Saturday. Duke is coming to Tallahassee.
- 5. Ohio State (6-0): And now the fun begins. The Buckeyes host No. 6 Penn State in a game they may be missing their top three running backs.
- 6. Penn State (6-0): Make no mistake, the Nittany Lions’ season rests on the outcome of its annual tug of war with their rivals to the west.
- 7. Texas (5-1): Five of the Longhorns’ final six regular-season games are inside Texas.
- 8. Washington (6-0): That 36-33 win over Oregon legitimized the Huskies’ ranking.
- 9. Oregon (6-1): Four of the Ducks’ final five games are against ranked opponents.
- 10. North Carolina (6-0): a 12-0 regular-season finish is highly possible. The Tar Heels’ only ranked opponent in the second half of the season is Duke on Nov. 11.
On the outside looking in: Alabama (6-1), Notre Dame (6-2), Missouri (6-1), Ole Miss (5-1), Duke (5-1), LSU (5-2), Tennessee (5-1), Utah (5-1), USC (6-1).
3. Consider this a leftover from celebrities’ concert demands that appeared in Monday’s edition of the Daily Dirt.
I forgot to include what singer Taylor Swift regularly requests before and after concerts. In no particular order, according to Business Insider, look for these in her dressing room:
- Numerous cans of Red Bull energy drink.
- Welch’s Grape Juice.
- Three boxes of macaroni and cheese.
- A slice of pumpkin bread.
- Twizzlers (licorice candy).
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream. (Preferred flavor is chocolate chip cookies.)
Steve Thought O’ The Day Of those demands/requests from Taylor Swift, the most surprising to me are the Twizzlers. Come on, Taylor, those things are terrible.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.