Adams County State’s Attorney Farha joins Sullivan’s safe streets leadership council
PETERSBURG, IL – Republican candidate for governor Jesse Sullivan announced Adams County State’s Attorney Gary Farha as a member of his Safe Streets Leadership Council, a bipartisan group of more than 20 Illinois leaders who support Sullivan’s plan law enforcement initiative.
“I’ve experienced firsthand the denigration and destruction of law and order as a result of dictates issued from anti-police so-called “leaders,” Farha said.
“The Safe Streets Leadership Council is an example of the real leadership required to restore Illinois to the land of law and order. There is no doubt in my mind that Jesse Sullivan is committed to restoring public safety and justice to the entire state of Illinois, and I am humbled to offer my advice and input to keep Adams County at the forefront of the public safety conversation.”
The council includes active and retired Illinois sheriffs, past presidents of the Illinois Sheriffs’ Association, and sitting state’s attorneys.
“Traveling across the state I’ve heard the same message from Illinoisans in diners, churches, and veterans’ halls: Our police are tired of being defunded and demonized. They’re sick of a system that prioritizes violent offenders over victims. And they’re demoralized by an administration that ignores them,” Sullivan said.
“In my administration, law enforcement will always have a seat at the table. I’m so fortunate to partner with leaders like Gary who believe in our campaign’s vision to bring safety and certainty back to our communities.”
The co-chairs of the Leadership Council are McDonough County Sheriff Nick Petitgout and Menard County Sheriff Mark Oller. The full list of members of the council includes:
- Gary Farha, Adams County State’s Attorney
- Devron Ohrn, Cass County Sheriff
- Dave Bartoni, Franklin County Sheriff
- Travis Duffy, Hancock County Sheriff
- J.T. Fricker, Hardin County Sheriff
- Mark Lumbeck, Henderson County Sheriff (retired)
- Joe Cervantez, Jackson County State’s Attorney
- David Clague, Knox County Sheriff
- Jack Harlan, Knox County Sheriff’s Deputy and candidate for sheriff
- Mark Landers, Logan County Sheriff
- Dusty Terrill, Mercer County Sheriff
- Gabe Grosboll, Menard County State’s Attorney
- Larry Smith, Menard County Sheriff (retired), former president of Illinois Sheriffs’ Association
- Jon Sandage, McLean County Sheriff
- Dave Greenwood, Pike County Sheriff
- Tom Eddinger, Scott County Sheriff
- Jeff Lower, Tazewell County Sheriff
- Pat Hartshorn, Vermilion County Sheriff, former president of Illinois Sheriffs’ Association
- Jeff Diederich, Williamson County candidate for sheriff, former Johnson County Chief Deputy
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.