Three contestants to compete for Miss Adams County Fair Queen crown
MENDON, Ill. — Three contestants will compete for the title of 2021 Miss Adams County Fair Queen on July 28.
The contestants are:
• Hannah Longlett, 19, is a daughter of Jeff and Tamra Longlett. She is a graduate of Liberty High School and attends Western Illinois University. Her sponsors are North Adams State Bank and Jeff Kroencke with Country Financial.
• Jersey Hesse, 18, is a daughter of Nicole Hesse and Curt and Amanda Hesse. She is a graduate of Unity High School in Mendon and plans to attend the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign this fall. Her sponsor is Justin Knox at Pioneer Seed Sales.
• Kelsey Duke, 18, is a daughter of Daron and Julie Duke. She is a graduate of Unity High School in Mendon and plans to attend the University of Missouri-Columbia this fall. Her sponsors are Maria Connoyer Family and Cosmetic Dentistry and State Street Bank.
The 2021 Little Miss and Mr. Adams County Pageant starts at 6 p.m. on July 28, followed by the fair queen pageant at 7 p.m.
The reigning Miss Adams County, Cheyenne DeWeese, 19, is a daughter of Jan and the late Richard DeWeese of Liberty. She works at the Buckle in Quincy. Cheyenne graduated from Liberty High School in 2020 and attends Quincy University. She will be taking a study abroad trip to London and Dublin in January.
The fifth annual Sweetheart of Adams County Pageant also will be conducted. It provides people of all ages with intellectual or physical disabilities to experience being a queen or king for a day. It gives contestants a chance to focus on their abilities and gain life skills, self-confidence and happiness.
A pageant wardrobe is not necessary. Participants should wear what makes them feel special. Eighth Avenue Villager and Overhead Door are the event sponsors.
This year’s fair queen pageant sponsors are:
• Blessing Health Systems
• Eighth Avenue Villager
• Sassy Jo’s Boutique
• Speckhart Shrimp Farm
• Angie at Suite 6
• Jessica Reichert at 3 Branches
• Jen Tyler, independent executive director for Thirty-One
• Neora Skincare by Nici Woodyard
• Amy at Suite 6
• Sew in Style Boutique
• Expressions by Christine
• Emerald City Jewelers
• Tanning Unlimited
• Bluff View Photography
• Dame Hurdle & Co.
• Little Jess Jeep
• Sturhahn Jewelers
• JK Creative Printers and Mailing
• Kaylyn Orpet Hulett.
Beth Heinze is choreographing the production number.
The 2021 Adams County Fair starts July 28 and ends Aug. 3 at the Adams County Fairgrounds off Illinois 336 in Mendon.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.