Salvation Army of Quincy ends 2022 with record-breaking Tree of Lights Christmas campaign
QUINCY — The Salvation Army of Quincy Christmas Campaign chairs Josh and Tieraney Craig announced the completion of a record-breaking 2022 Christmas campaign with a total of $507,343 raised. The Quincy campaign goal was $435,000.
The Tree of Lights Christmas Campaign is The Salvation Army’s major fundraising effort each year. Money raised during the campaign provide Christmas assistance and funding programs and services to assist people and families in Adams, Brown and Pike counties throughout the year.
Assistance was given in the Quincy service area with:
- 732 food baskets distributed;
- 189 Angel Tree families, representing 634 people, receiving 2,346 clothing items;
- 1,955 toys;
- 1,564 gifts such as personal care items, home goods and gift cards;
- 350 meals served on Thanksgiving by 54 volunteers giving 240 hours;
- and 85 meals served on Christmas Day.
The Salvation Army reported 529 volunteers donated 1584 hours of volunteer service.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.