As we wrap up 2021, Muddy River News looks back at its most read stories. These are the rankings according to our analytics, not personal preferences.
The Courts category consists of stories on crimes, lawsuits and other court related actions.
Blessing, QMG begin terminating or suspending non-vaccinated employees; legal action filed Monday — This case is ongoing and employees remain on the job for now.
2. 2×4’s for Hope court appearance postponed; case management conference set for Dec. 13 — The case has been continued to February.
3. Rokusek charged with unauthorized videotaping of employees at work — A preliminary hearing is set for February.
4. Dozens of parents sue QPS and 144 other schools, Pritzker and ISBE over COVID quarantine, mask mandates — This case has been lumped in with several others around the state and moved to Sangamon County.
5. ‘Kill me now, your honor, and take my life please’: $15 million bond for Yohn believed to be highest ever in Adams County — Yohn and a female accomplice allegedly attacked an elderly woman, who later died.
6. ‘Justice for Becky’: Brown County jury finds Dean guilty of first-degree murder — John Michael Dean will be sentenced in February.
7. Attorney for three families files motion for temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction against Quincy School District — This case has been lumped in with several others around the state and moved to Sangamon County.
8. Former Culver-Stockton, Western Illinois professor faces up to life in prison on rape charges in Oklahoma — The case of Anthony Lee Luetkenhaus is ongoing.
9. Hull man arrested on home invasion, aggravated battery charges in Adams County — Adam E. Terstriep was arrested for home invasion, aggravated domestic battery strangulation and unlawful restraint.
10. Former Quincy woman gets life for murdering her child — Aushena Warren admitted that on June 17, 2017, she tried to kill her 6-year-old son while he was in bed.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story