MRN Top 10’s: The Daily Dirt
Steve Eighinger…definitely bringing sexy back. Thanks to Justin Timberlake and the Eighinger Family Photo Collection.
Yes, people actually read Steve Eighinger’s daily ramblings about life, license plates and Yellowstone. He loved for his palate (or lack thereof) and his everyman way of looking at the world.
He is a prolific writer whose volume of work is only matched by his volume of lunch.
We kid him, but we love him. And so do you.
Here are the most read “Daily Dirt’s” of 2022. Thanks for reading.
1. Steve and the Little Woman enjoy first taste of Quincy’s newest eatery – Steve took Kathy out for hot dogs. This self-described Doctor of Love sets an example for all wanna-be Romeo’s to follow.
2. Pepsi about to fire latest shot in cola wars with new ‘Nitro’ – Steve likes soda, or sodie, or pop. He disdains iced tea, which just baffles me.
3. Just remember, there are no ‘good guys’ on Yellowstone – Steve’s love for this current day version of “Dallas” is on display frequently here at MRN. While we don’t dictate what our writers write (usually), we might want to take a look at the analytics to see if this topic actually moves the reader needle.
4. Albert Pujols returning to the Cardinals is a no-brainer, right? – Steve called this one in February. I mean he nailed it. As a Cards fan, I was fine with him leaving back in 2011 and I did want him back this year. But none of us thought he would go out as great as he did. Thanks, Albert for one last ride.
5. Our TV-viewing landscape could soon be changing – Apparently, this topic is heating up again. Will we get more syndicated crap? How about “Stevie Justice” or “Judge Dirt”? C’mon, BVN…we need local programming like this! If you don’t, maybe we will.
6. Quincy’s Jonathan Van Ness debuts in new show Jan. 28 – The most famous member of the family has carved himself out a nice career away from the Gem City. His success should make his hometown proud.
7. ‘Andy Griffith Show’ lovers have lost another connection with that classic program – Steve writes about people dying a lot. Wonder what he tells his therapist?
8. Seriously, what were the parents thinking? – I was proud of Steve for acknowledging the goofy way he chose to spell his kids’ names.
9. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Stevie, Olivia and Linda – Donna Mills or Stevie Nicks? If Steve had to pick…who would he choose?
10. You never know what you’re going to find on Facebook – Funny story…Steve was putting his three thoughts on Facebook after he retired and before Muddy River came into being. He was doing that for free, of course. Then, I suggested he do it for us and get paid. He now has a new second career. And, yes, I take credit for naming column.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.