MRN Top 10’s for 2022: Opinion
Now through the end of the year, we will list a variety of “Top 10’s for 2022”. These are determined by you, the reader, based on the pageviews for each story/video/column.
These are all penned by MRN Publisher J. Robert Gough unless otherwise noted.
1. Predicting Pettit before the ink is dry on the contract: While hundreds of people took to social media after the announcement to praise the decision and congratulate Pettit, there were a few with … concerns.
2. Women in Adams County should be angry and afraid after Adrian ruling: Op-Ed submitted by the QUANADA Board of Directors.
3. Goodbye Ruby Tuesday: We still need to confirm what new restaurant will go into the Target parking lot.
4. Can we continue to trust the leadership of the Adams County Board?: The Illinois Attorney General ruled the County Board violated the Open Meetings Act. Their members are now required to study the law before coming aboard. That should have already been SOP, but, we still golf clap the effort.
5. Becky Niewohner was one of a kind, but in death she becomes domestic violence statistic: Cindy Eddy submitted this Op-Ed on Becky Niewohner’s life.
6. Letter to the Editor: Adrian should not be retained as judge: Letter from Allison Huber, Lindsey Lane and Katherine Daniels. While Adrian lost Adams County in the retention vote, he won enough in the surrounding counties to keep the seat.
7. Moving and shaking in downtown Quincy: Downtown could look a lot different this time next year.
8. More double-dipping Illinois school superintendents: Our friends at Wirepoints closely follow the Illinois pension saga. Parents, raise your kids to be school administrators in Illinois.
10. Les Sachs likes more news: The legendary newsman is a Muddy River fan and we are thankful for that.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.